Since yesterday’s post on my ‘Funky Fog’, I’ve been trying my damned hardest to get out of the funk and do something to get my mind off things – but that’s easier said than done!
Anyway I thought it’s about time I posted a recipe and today I decided to post my ‘Leaning Tower of Mushroom’ recipe for y’all.
Since going on a ‘strict-ish’ no bad carbs at dinner time diet, to shift a few pounds, I’ve been fathoming out interesting ways to have ‘non carbohydrate food’ for dinner and lately I’ve been a little addicted to mushrooms! I’ve had them with every sitting and lo’ and behold, I needed to find new ways of having them, which is when I came up with the idea of having a ‘leaning tower of mushroom’ with spinach and mozzarella cheese sandwiched in the middle. So if you fancy making yourself your very own gluten free ‘leaning tower of mushroom’ then here’s the recipe!
- 3 Giant Mushrooms [take the stems off. I tried to take the 'gills' out but that nearly broke my mushrooms into pieces!]
- A ‘glug’ of Olive Oil
- A handful of Spinach
- Cheese [use any variety, I used mozzarella]
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add the ‘glug’ of Olive Oil to a non stick frying pan and over a medium flame, add the Mushrooms and season with Salt and Pepper
- After 5 minutes of frying and when the Mushrooms start to turn brown, add the Spinach and cook until the Spinach begins to ‘wilt’ and turn a darker colour
- On a plate, add a fried Mushroom and then add the Spinach with a slice of Cheese. Do this till you create a ‘leaning tower of mushroom’