Well, I thought I’d start yet another little feature on my blog; guest blog posts!
So to kick start my first guest blog post, I asked my dear bestie PB (aka @SpamellaB from the amazing Studentcooking.tv) if she’d write me up one of her gluten free/wheat free recipes as she told me she was a dab hand when it came to baking and cooking gluten free! So like the trooper she is, she came up with a super healthy muffin made from courgette, blueberry and lemon!
“Hola, my name is Pam (aka @SpamellaB on the Twitter, or as Saara affectionately calls me, PB) and this is my Guest Blog, as promised! Funnily enough, me and SGA (as I call Mrs Gluten Free Student Cookbook) met through Twitter a long while ago due to our inability to eat gluten/wheat – we bonded over the pain and suffering of not being able to eat certain things, as well as sharing gluten-free tips. We quickly became really good mates, messaging each other as we were both going through life dramas…then I went to stay with SGA and her lovely half in Manchester and it’s been a beautiful romance ever since! Haha ”
“I’m what you would describe as a bit of a mental health and fitness freak, and I love to cook (and bake, when I get chance!). This weekend, after about 2 months of living the crazy life and not having a minute to breathe, I finally got round to some (healthy, of course!) wheat-free baking – I love experimenting, so here’s my very own made-up recipe! And trust me, these bad boys are to die for!! Enjoy ”
Makes: 8-10 muffins * Ready in about 30 mins * Super-healthy and guilt-free!
- 2 Lemons (grated zest)
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Fruit Sugar (it’s healthier than normal!)
- 250g Courgette (grated)
- 150g Flour (I used Dove’s Farm Wheat-Free Plain White)
- 150g Ground Almonds
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 150g Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and grease your muffin tins (about 8-10). Put the flour, ground almonds and baking powder in a bowl.
- In another large glass bowl beat the eggs and fruit sugar with an electric whisk for 3-5 mins until pale and creamy.
- Add the grated courgette and lemon zest . Use a spatula to beat in the flour, ground almonds and baking powder – work quickly!
- Add the blueberries and mix well (but don’t over mix!) – it’ll be quite stiff [that's what she said! - sorry Pam ] but don’t worry.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake in the over for about 15 mins until cooked and golden brown. Now stuff your face – guilt-free!