It’s usually a lot more cheaper and convenient to buy shop bought coleslaw and I have been known to fall foul to buying the cheapest coleslaw on the market. Yet, home made coleslaw is much more satisfying and a lot more healthier! Not only will the coleslaw work well with barbecues, it also works well as a Jacket Potato filling or in a sandwich etc. The possibilities are endless!
- 1/2 a medium white cabbage [shredded]
- 1/2 an onion [chopped or shredded]
- 1 carrot [peeled and shredded]
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- pinch of salt, pepper and sugar
- a small handful of fresh parsley [optional]
- a dash of sweet chilli sauce [optional]
- In a large bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, onions and mix together.
- Add the mayonnaise and stir, making sure the vegetables are evenly coated
- Add and stir the pinch of salt, sugar, pepper as well as the parsley and dash of sweet chilli sauce.